Best Top 10 Bollywood Sad Songs All Time
Music has the power to bring out the strongest of emotions. This is why there is no better way to relieve a broken heart than to listen to sad songs until you feel like you don’t want to cry anymore. As they say, there is no better friend to you in good times and bad, than music. So my friend, if you are feeling low or if you want to relieve some of that angst you have inside you, then just listen to these sad songs. You will be relieved and you can also give an ear to the best of Bollywood.
So here are the top 10 saddest songs Bollywood has even made –
- Kal Ho Na Ho Sad Kal Ho Na
Ho was a cult classic made by Bollywood and one of the reasons it became so famous was its music. The sad version would make you weep while the happy songs of this movie just get you going. Truly a wonderful song made by the composers, it can bring out the deepest grief you have – over losing someone you love.
- Tujhe Bhula DiyaTujhe Bhula Diya is the sad song of this generation. The music composed by Vishal and Shekhar would give you chills as you listen to the lyrics. It is the perfect song for the ones that have not yet got over their ex or have recently gone through a breakup. The heart stirring music will be remembered for years to come that is for sure.
- Bhare NainaBhare Naina is yet another amalgamation of Indian contemporary with western R&B. the song is hauntingly beautiful and if you ever want to just listen to a marvelous piece – then this is the best Bollywood has got. The song is in female vocals and the lyrics are traditional Indian but the music has got it all. It is the sheer genius of music that makes this song a great one.
- Tadap Tadap KeTadap Tadap Ke has been a song that one cannot hear without shedding a few tears. This song is solely based on the vocals of the singer. But the lyrics can pierce your heart. The beginning “bejaan dil ko mere..” is the point from where the song is unstoppable to listen to.
- Sach Keh Raha HaiThis is a song that the youth can still relate to. If you are a 90s kid, you will remember listening to this song and crying over losing your crushes. The song is therefore stuck to the memory of every 90s kid in India. The music here overshadows the sometimes vague lyrics.
- Abhi Mujhme KahinIf there is one song that is dipped in passion then it would be this one. The song sung by Sonu Nigam, has just the right vocal chords to go with the extremely powerful lyrics. It has been sung impeccably and the music does justice to the lyrics too. Many people have said this song gives them goose bumps and we don’t doubt that once.
- Jag Soona Soona LaageJag Soona is a song that has been sung in a very retro way. When the rest of the industry was swinging to pop hits, this song begins with a powerful Punjabi voice. The initial ballad in Richa Sharma’s voice is what sets the tone for the rest of the song and once you hear it you cannot stop listening to this song.
- MaaWhile the other songs on this list are about heartbreak, this song is about the love of a mother. This song struck to the hearts of every mother and every child when it released. In fact even now when one hears it, he or she cannot stop gushing about their mother. It is definitely one of the songs that have the power to bring out the love for mother in all of us.
- Bhula DenaBhula Dena is a heart wrenching song about a guy asking his girl to forget her. The song came at a turning point in the film in which it featured. The song definitely hit some nerves and would be looked back as one of the best sad songs in the history of Bollywood.
- Do Pal RukaIf you are looking for a song that is not much emotionally charged and yet talks about sweet reminiscence, then this is it.
|Song||Film name||Picturized on||Release date|
|Kal Ho Na Ho Sad||Kal Ho Na Ho||Preity Zinta, SRK, Saif Ali Khan||2003|
|Tujhe Bhula Diya||Anjaana Anjaani||Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra||2010|
|Bhare Naina||Ra.One||Kareena Kapoor Khan, SRK||2011|
|Tadap Tadap Ke||Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam||Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan||1999|
|Sach Keh Raha Hai||Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein||R. Madhvan, Dia Mirza||2001|
|Abhi Mujhme Kahin||Agneepath||Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra||2012|
|Jag Soona Soona Laage||Om Shanti Om||SRK, Deepika Padukone||2007|
|Maa||Taare Zameen Par||Darsheel Safari,||2007|
|Bhula Dena||Aashiqui 2||Aditya Roy Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor||2013|
|Do Pal Ruka||Veer Zaara||SRK, Preity Zinta||2004|
Some Other Top Ten Songs