Best Top 10 Bollywood Romantic Songs 2017
Bollywood songs are always distinguished between two eras – the then and the now. Old romantic songs are often associated with names like RD Burman and Kishore Kumar. During those days, the romance was purely based on melody. But then beats came forth and some of the yesteryear’s songs were replaced with soft beats of the 90s. During this time we had singers and composers like Kumar Sanu, Anu Malik and Alka Yagnik leading the pack. Two decades later, we are still humming the same songs! Yes, some of those 90s golden hits like “Humma Humma” have returned back – but stripped of their original romantic charm and instead being replaced with something more danceable. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have romantic hits today. In fact, some of them are actually worth listening to.
So if you are looking for the best from 2017, you are quite in luck. This year some of the biggest composers have given their music to Bollywood tunes. Some new composers have made surprising entries into the scene – and they will make you want to look out for more. Thanks to the biggest romantic releases in the first quarter of the year, there are already some heart-wrenching songs which you can hum all day. Find out which they are-
Top 10 Bollywood Romantic Songs 2017
This is your new age romantic track. No, it does not profess love – neither does it have SRK opening his arms to invite you in. But it does have a quiet acceptance of the brewing romance between the two main characters. The song literally translates to “go where the wind takes you…” that pretty much tells it.
- Mere Rashke Qamar
This song is taking up a lot of hype. While Hawayein will give you a taste of modern day romance, Mere Rashke Qamar is more about traditional romance. The tunes, the lyrics and the overall song will seem perfect to play on a Qawwali night; yet, the song is basically pretty intense.
- Main AgarMain Agar is a slow romantic song that takes you to the beginning of a relationship. This song will be most relatable to those who are just falling in love. This slow tune is perfect for late nights if you love to listen to melodious lullabies. No wonder it has made it to the top charts around the country.
- Phir Bhi Tumko ChahungaA good song is known for its tunes as well as its lyrics. This is one of those songs which has both. “Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga” became a sensation when it first released. The song is about unconditional love and also captures the woes of the lovelorn heart. It is slow but intense.
- Maana Ke Hum Yar Nahi (Duet)There are two versions of this song – here we are talking about the duet. In the movie, the duet version depicts the characters coming to a closure. The song is about estranged lovers who have snubbed the spark between them. The tune of the song seems to be something straight out of the 90s – that might be because this movie itself depicts that era.
- Raabta Title SongThis song needs to introduction. It is the revival of the old song of the same name. Whilst the original song had more intense lyrics, this one has been made into more of a club version. Some parts of the lyrics have been changed and added. But it connected with Gen Y – perhaps this is why it made it into the top charts so soon.
- Thodi DerThis song is yet another big hit from the year. It relies mainly on the vocals of the lead singer. It is a revival of a Pakistani song of the same name. However, this time the song has been sung in female vocals.
- DarasalThis is one of those songs which will remind you of those lazy strolls with your partner. Darasal depicts the discovery of the two lovers. The lyrics are the crux of the song and make it better in every way.
- RozanaThis is a very intense song – although it didn’t make it to the top of the charts as the others did, it is quite addictive. Rozana has very beautiful lyrics but an even better composition.
- HaareyaHaareya is a song that is basically from the male perspective. Once again it takes you to the beginning of romance when those bubbles float in your chest.
List Of Bollywood Romantic Songs, Singer Name And Release Date
|Song Title||Singer Name||Movie Title||Composer||Release Date|
|Hawayein||Arijit Singh||Jab Harry Met Sejal||Pritam||2017|
|Mere Rashke Qamar||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan,Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||Baadhshaho||Manoj Muntashir||2017|
|Main Agar||Atif Aslam||Tubelight||Pritam||2017|
|Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga||Arjit Singh||Half Girlfriend||Mithoon||2017|
|Maana Ke Hum Yar Nahi (Duet)||Sonu Nigam, Parineeti Chopra||Meri Pyaari Bindu||Sachin Jigar||2017|
|Raabta Title Song||Nikhita Gandhi, Arijit Singh||Raabta||Pritam||2017|
|Thodi Der||Farhan Saeed, Shreya Ghoshal||Half Girlfriend||Farhan Saeed||2017|
|Rozana||Shreya Ghoshal||Naam Shabana||Rochak Kohli||2017|
|Haareya||Arijit Singh||Meri Pyaari Bindu||Sachin Jigar||2017|
Some Other Top Ten Songs