Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings of the World
Weddings are really a grand affair .when you marry the person you love, you want the whole world to know – you want everyone to be as merry as you are. Those who are blessed with fortune can make this dream come true in a little more lavish style.
Earlier weddings used to be very grand but slowly this trend seems to be dying. With the rising awareness about world poverty and hunger issues, more and more people are becoming aware about spending their money for the right causes. Hence, we might not see such grand affairs in future. So here’s presenting to you some of the most lavish weddings we have had till now –
Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings of the World
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum & Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al MaktoumIt can be called the grandest wedding in all of history. Spending as much money as they did in the 70s for a wedding, is something no one has seen till date. Little is known about their wedding since it happened so long ago – but those were there to witness it, swear it was a grand spectacle. They built a new stadium for the wedding to accommodate 20,000 guests from around the world. 34 private jets brought guests from around the world. Five days were declared national holidays for the occasion of their wedding.
- Princess Diana and Prince CharlesPrincess Diana and Prince Charles got married in a less lavish style according to the royal standards. Their wedding was called “wedding of the century” as 750 million viewers from all around the world watched them exchanging vows. While the ceremony which took place at St. Paul’s Cathedral had nearly 3500 guests, the reception was a quieter affair with only 120 guests attending at the Buckingham Palace.
- Prince Albert II and Charlene WittstockThe Prince is the sovereign of Monaco while his now Queen was the African swimmer earlier. These two met and sparks flew. The thing that made this wedding so expensive was the two ceremony rituals. One ceremony was civil while the other was religious. Both of these took place on different dates during the start of the decade.
- Vanisha Mittal and Amit BhatiaThey had their dream wedding in the Palace of Versailles. The ceremony lasted for 6 days while family had around 1000 guests come over in their private jet. The invitations were sent in jewel studded boxes.
- Prince William and Kate MiddletonThis was the biggest event in the Royal history in the last decade. The marriage was seen by 2 billion people from all over the world. The guests list was divided into three parts – the first had about 1900 people visiting the church, the second almost 600 people attending the Luncheon in Buckingham Palace and the third consisted of 300 people having Dinner with the Prince.
- Prince Abdul Malik and Dayangku Raabi’atul ‘Adawiyyah Penigram Haji BolkiahPrince Adbul Malik is the youngest son of the Sultan of Brunei who is known to be thr richest man in the world. The wedding was celebrated in the Nural Iman Palace – which is known as the largest royal palace in the world.
- Vikram Chatwal and Priya SachdevVikram who is the son of a hotelier in the US married Prianka Sachdev. The whole thing got large media coverage because Priya used to be an investment banker turned model.
- Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz RocasolanoThey got married at Madrid’s cathedral with over 20,000 security forces because the cathedral had been bombed by the terrorists two days before their wedding. About 1500 guests attended this prestigious wedding.
- Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bokiah and Pengiran Haji Muhammad RuzainiPrincess got married to yet another handsome hunk and it was a grand affair. Once again the wedding was held in Nurul Iman Palace. They had two celebrations – one civil another luxurious. Both these events led the costs rise high.
- Kim Kardashian and Kris HumpresKnown as the shortest wedding tenure among all celebrity weddings, their marriage lasted for 72 days. They gave a channel rights to air their wedding live and they got $18 million from this deal. They also didn’t have to spend a penny to file their divorce.
List Of Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings of the World
|Marriage of||Year||Cost of marriage||Place of marriage|
|Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum & Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum||1979||$100||Dubai|
|Princess Diana and Prince Charles||1981||$70 million||England|
|Prince Albert II and Charlene Wittstock||$65 million||Monaco|
|Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia||2004||$78 million||Paris|
|Prince William and Kate Middleton||2011||$34 million||Europe|
|Prince Abdul Malik and Dayangku Raabi’atul ‘Adawiyyah Penigram Haji Bolkiah||2015||$30 million||Brunei|
|Vikram Chatwal and Priya Sachdev||2006||$20 million||India|
|Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nayan and Princess Salama||1981||$44.5 million||United Arab Emirates|
|Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bokiah and Pengiran Haji Muhammad Ruzaini||2012||$20 to $35 million||Brunei|
|Kim Kardashian and Kris Humpres||2011||$10 million||USA|