Best Top 10 Billy Joel songs Albums Age Height Net Worth
Billy Joel has rocked many a heart since the 70s. This pop star is still in the hearts of many. Here are the top 10 classics from this legend.
Billy Joel Career Information (Presenting Year, First & Latest Album, Net Worth)
|Artiest Name||Billy Joel|
|Presenting Years||1965–Till Now|
|Job||Musician singer-songwriter composer|
|Style Of Singing||1. Rock2. soft rock3. piano rock
|First Album Name||Cold Spring Harbor|
|First Album Release Date||November 1, 1971|
|Latest Album Name||Fantasies & Delusions|
|Latest Album Release Date||27 September 2001|
|Net Worth||$160 million|
Billy Joel Personal Information (Real Name, DOB, Zodiac Sign, Hair / Eye Color, Height, Weight & Body Size)
|1||Famous Name||Billy Joel|
|2||Real Name/ Birth Name/ Nick Name||William Martin “Billy” Joel|
|3||DOB||May 9, 1949|
|4||Birth Place||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
Best Top 10 Billy Joel Songs
- Scenes from an Italian Restaurant: This seven and a half minute song will stay with you for a long time. This was from Joel’s breakthrough album ‘The Stranger’ originally released in the 1977. Penned by him itself, this song reached its heights in composition and lyrics.
- Seen the Lights Go out on Broadway: Also known as Miami 2017 this song was written in a futuristic note about how he envisions the future city of New York. The song was meant to be a fable about the collapse of metropolis – or at least inching towards it. Many are spooked by this song today after the 9/11 incident.
- Captain Jack: After his initial rise to fame in 1971, Joel reverted back with his career. He put the long dispute with his recording company at rest and found new inspiration. The song ‘Captain Jack’ was written after a friend in his New York neighborhood, who was a drug addict. The song was an instant hit and one of his greatest achievements.
- Goodnight Saigon: With the 1982 Album called ‘the Nylon Curtain’ Joel took to deeper causes and meaningful lyrics. His songs covered everything, from the struggles of daily life to Reaganomics. In the whole Album the song ‘Goodnight Saigon’ is the best one. It is based upon the Vietnam War which was a common cause of worry during those times.
- Tell Her About It: Joel was a master in gauging the mood of his audience. After releasing the heavy album ‘the Nylon Curtain’, he quickly reverted back to something light and peppy. In this album he plays with the memories of his struggling years. ‘Tell her About It’ is the number one chartbuster from his late albums in which he is seen grooving to the beats picture perfectly.
- You May Be Right: Glass houses is the second Album which released post his success as a jazz pop singer. In this album he tries to break through his original image of the typical singer and songwriter. Although other songs struggle hard to bring him this glory, ‘you may be right’ is the song that gets it just right. Therefore it was a huge hit upon its release.
- Just the way you are: Yes, you might have heard Bruno Mars singing to the same lines, but Joel’s are more endearing and retro. This particular song had given him immediate success as a classic song writer. It remained one of the best composed songs by him.
- Only the good die young: This is one of his most generic hits. Some of it can be attributed to the Catholics perhaps who called this one to be banned from the radios. This was because there was an implied libido in this song, which in those days was looked down upon.
- The Ballad of Billy the Kid: Early on his career, Billy wrote a lot about himself. This is one of those songs in which he writes about his life pre fame. The last verse though brings us to the present day.
- Piano Man: Piano man is the signature song of the man. Though it ranked at no. 25 initially, it grew on slowly and soon it became the trademark song of Billy Joel.
List Of Best Top 10 Billy Joel songs
|1977||Scenes from an Italian Restaurant||The Stranger|
|1976||Seen the Lights Go out on Broadway||Turnstiles|
|1973||Captain Jack||Piano Man|
|1982||Goodnight Saigon||The Nylon Curtain|
|1983||Tell Her About It||An Innocent Man|
|1980||You May Be Right||Glass Houses|
|1977||Just the way you are||The Stranger|
|1977||Only the good die young||The Stranger|
|1973||The Ballad of Billy the Kid||Piano Man|
|1973||Piano Man||Piano Man|
Other Articles :