Best Top 10 Post Punk Songs Albums In the World
Also known as new-musick, Post-punk songs comprise of a broad range of rock songs. After the punk movement in the 1970s, this type of songs became a craze. The post punk artists played with a lot of electronic music, black dance and really out-of-the-box styles of music. This type of music generation gave birth to the formation of post punk music. Artists also worked closely with politics, art and they brought forward many view points through their music.
You can read here Top 10 Paolo Nutini Songs
Here You can read Top 10 Bollywood Romantic Songs
Even then post punk is very diverse genre and it can be taken with punk rock of the late 70s. Post punk was called the “new wave” of music when it first came into being. One of the things that inspired the post punk genre was the DIY and the ethics. The artists focused on mainly the wide white male working population of the west. The songs resonated with a large audience and it was only so soon until it became a national chartbuster track.
Many of the albums became a huge hit in the west. However, some surpassed the others in terms of music. At the end of the 21st century, the post punk album got a twist once again and it came back into being.
Here you can read Top 10 Hollywood Singers
Best Top 10 Post Punk Songs Albums In the World
- Anarchy in the UKAnarchy in the UK is inspired from the Civil war headlines in the 1970s in UK. The lyrics suggested what could happen if a Civil war were to ever happen. It is one of the boldest songs of the past millennia because it dealt with the concept of anarchy – something even today people shudder to think about. But such boldness is only the start of the genre of post punk.
- Typical GirlsDon’t be confused by the title of this song this is actually one of the most inspiring songs about being a female today. The song is relevant even today because of its hard hitting lyrics that speak to the core of all females.
- I am the FlyI am the Fly is from the album “chairs Missing.” This album had two sides and this song was on side B of the tape recorder in those times. But that didn’t stop this masterpiece from getting recognized.
- Love will tear us apartThis song is from an English band of the post-punk era. The lyrics of this song reflect the problems in the singer’s married life. He was married to Deborah Curtis, and the song did not hold anything to imagination.
- Rip It UpRip It Up was such a huge hit that the name itself went on to become a huge hit. Today the era of post punk is recognized by the name Rip It Up and that is not even exaggerating it. The solo song became an instant hit upon its release.
- Once in a lifetimeThis song was not only a hit but also an inspiration. In the 20th century this song was regarded as one of the most important songs of the millennium in the US. Its lyrics have come from evangelists according to the song writer Eno.
- A ForestWhen we say post punk is a mix of many genres we mean exactly this song. It has a touch of gothic into it. It is a song that has touched many lives and is one of the best songs in this genre.
- Blue MondayThe song became so famous that it has been widely remixed and covered ever since its original release. It is the 33rd most acclaimed songs of all times according to the Acclaimed Music statistics.
- To Lose My LifeAlthough the initial response to this piece of music was mixed, it slowly gained pace in terms of popularity. It has received an average score of 58 out of all the reviews.
- Fascination Street Even Fascination Street (is last but not the least) is one of the most impactful songs in this genre.
You can read here Top 10 Bollywood Songs
List of Best Top 10 Post Punk Songs Albums In the World
|Songs||Album||Singer Name||Composer||Release Date|
|Anarchy in the UK||Sex Pistols||Sex Pistols||Steve Jones, Paul Cook, Sex Pistols, Glen Matlock, John Lydon||1976|
|Typical Girls||The Slits||Ari Up, Viv Albertine, Budgie, Bruce Smith, Neneh Cherry||Ari Up, Viv Albertine, Budgie, Bruce Smith, Neneh Cherry||1979|
|I am the Fly||Wire||Wire||Collin Newmann, Graham Lewis||1978|
|Love will tear us apart||Joy Division||Michael Gira||Ian Curtis, Bernard Summer, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris||1980|
|Rip It Up||Orange Juice||Edwyn Collins||John Marascalco, Robert Blackwell||1982|
|Once in a lifetime||Talking heads||Talking heads||David Byrne, Brian Eno, Tina Weymouth, Jerry Harrison, Chris Frantz||1980|
|A Forest||The Cure||Crawley||Dan Forrest||1980|
|Blue Monday||New Order||Bernard Sumner, Stephen Morris, Gillian Gilbert, Phil Cunningham and Tom Chapman||New Order, Peter Hook, Bernard Summer, Gillian Gilbert, Stephen Morris||1983|
|To Lose My Life||White Lies||Harry McVeigh, Charles Cave, and Jack Lawrence-Brown||Charles Cave, White Lies, Jack Lawrence-Brown, Harry McVeigh||2009|
|Fascination Street||The Cure||Crawley||Robert Smith, Simon Gallup, Pearl Thompson, Lol Tolhurst, Roger O’Donnell, Boris William||1989|